• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

On going issues with 1204 firmware, now desperate for help...

57chevy

Hi all, we really appreciate everyone offering advice! Having had many hours now messing with things, we think we may have made our own mess.

We'd like to rollback the firmware to what we had and start over -but can't find where to get it! We did backup the .prm but didn't save the firmware (unless it was included in the .prm file).

Since the firmware update -we can't print anything without the worst banding known to man! Our profiles are a mess, colors are off, nothing seems to work as it did prior to the firmware update. We had zero issues with colors / banding or any problems before the firmware update, just the crash and resultant error code with doing the large print that ended up leading us to update the firmware.

When the error first occurred discussed in this thread http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66011
We were doing a large 3' X 6' JPG print, but we'd also nested an additional CMYK print of 2' X 3' that I'd completely forgot about in the panic.

The art we were printing was created in two different versions of Photoshop. We now think this may have cause the error code and not something else. (Although we have not ruled out the fact that we DID have the printer going through a power strip and were using a USB connection), both of which have now be fixed. Power is straight to the wall, and we are now connected with a cat5 cable to the pc.

So can ANYONE tell us where we can get the old firmware (we think is was 14, we've updated to 19), so we can get back to where we were before and tackle the problem again? At least then would could print decals again! Right now we've got a 1204 boat anchor!

Any help would be appreciated, we're going broke trying to sort the problems out!

Thanks,
57Chevy

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Can you upload a picture of the output? I have never run across a firmware update that caused issues like you are having. In the original post you said that you were getting an E016 TLB-L/I [02], updating the firmware can sometimes fix this message but the message indicates that there is a problem with your main board. I have a feeling that your main board has failed and should be replaced. Mutoh doesn't have version 1.14 on their ftp site anymore but I know 1.18 is a stable version and it is still listed you can give it a try.

ftp://ftp.mutoh.com/Firmware/ValueJet/Firmware VJ-1204/Main/Old Firmware/

57chevy

Thanks for the help!

It was tougher to take a picture than we would have thought... Attached is an image where the banding can be seen as well as the colors now being printed are so far off from the original art. We included a shot of the actual print so you could see how far off the colors are (using the same profile we've always used), after the firmware update.

Keep in mind before the lockup and error and then the firmware update our prints matched near perfectly to the colors in the original art without any banding whatsoever that we could see.

The section of orange is from the far left and the green (which was supposed to be black), area right below the left turn signal in the original print. All colors show some amount of banding, but it's really pronounced in the orange and black colors.

Thanks again!
57Chevy

Attachments

• banding1.jpg
    banding1.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 93

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
What does the nozzle check look like? Are you missing nozzles and does it look like your colors are mixed or do you have all four colors?