• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

On my phone!!!!

Mosh

This happens to me all the time...phone call from PITA "Can I come in I need to talk about my sign"....Me:What do you need? PITA:I have to show you....

Then they show up with their phone and takes then 1/2 an hour to find some blurry picture....so my response is "e-mail that to me" PITA: how do I do that?

For God SAKES!!!!

a77

Then they want to get your cellphone so they can text it to you..

One guy could not believe that I didn't want to give him my cellphone. Kept promising me he wouldn't call me after hours etc...
I just said, we don't do that, sorry. I'm waiting for him to give me a bad review on google or something, he seemed upset :/

fresh

I've actually given up on not giving out my cell phone number. Honestly, the people who don't know how to "email" a picture from their phone are the same that don't know how to save phone numbers.

No one calls me after hours, the most I get is an order on via text. I'm so busy lately, I would really love to get something done in the minute I'm waiting for my car to fill up. And that is exactly the time that our clients text us. When they have half a second. We are happy to be there to help!

Mosh

Oh I got tricked into giving my cell # up a couple of times, it has been a nightmare....

You know when you go in to order something at least have the picture pulled up and ready to go. Or another PITA is the guy who comes in talking on his phone and makes you stand there while he talks for 20 minutes!!!

NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED is what I should put on my front door.

GWSigns

That is when I hand them the paper that says, "When you are finished with your conversation, I will be happy to assist you.", then go about my business.

Just like I do with screaming people on the phone, I over talk them and tell them, "When they are ready to speak in a civilized manner, call me back. " and I hang up.

Friends and family get upset, but if they call when I am conducting business or in a public place like a store, I refuse to answer my phone.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I have a mutual vendor / customer relationship with a local business (we buy from, and sell to each other). Earlier this spring he summoned me to his office to discuss business and was interrupted no less than four times by his digital addiction...and it was only a fifteen minute meeting. During one conversation, he excused himself so he could find "better reception". To me, that's the same thing as inviting four other people to our meeting and having them sit down between us. I'm pretty sure those things have mute buttons. JB