Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On Star antenna

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by graphix45, Oct 9, 2012.

1. graphix45

graphix45 Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Eastern NC
    Getting ready to wrap the roof of a Chevy truck and want to remove the airplane wing looking antenna used for the On Star. Anyone know how to remove it without breaking it? Or any tips on working around it?

Tags:
  2. CP Signs

CP Signs Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Stittsville
    Do a cut when you get to it then trim nicely around. You get use to them. I cut the hole before slide the antenna through and voila. Beats removing the headliner.

3. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    cut it out? You're over thinking it.

4. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Much better than under-cheaping it though ;)

5. graphix45

graphix45 Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Eastern NC
    Thanks guys! Just finished the roof, cut a slit for it like you said. Worked great!!
    I've done some large partial wraps on vans & the box of a moving truck, but this is my first all over wrap on a nice Z71 truck and want it to be right. I'll post some pictures taken during the install when I finish it. (Hopefully tomorrow)
    Thanks again.

6. OlsonSigns601

OlsonSigns601 Member

Jul 23, 2011
    In the future:

If it takes you longer to remove the object then it does to just wrap around it, I would suggest wrapping around it.

I would also suspect writing a post about it will take longer than wrapping around it.

7. WhiteWrapper

WhiteWrapper Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Usually you have to pull the headliner down a little to access the bolts to remove it.