• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

On Star antenna

graphix45

Getting ready to wrap the roof of a Chevy truck and want to remove the airplane wing looking antenna used for the On Star. Anyone know how to remove it without breaking it? Or any tips on working around it?

CP Signs

Do a cut when you get to it then trim nicely around. You get use to them. I cut the hole before slide the antenna through and voila. Beats removing the headliner.

graphix45

Thanks guys! Just finished the roof, cut a slit for it like you said. Worked great!!
I've done some large partial wraps on vans & the box of a moving truck, but this is my first all over wrap on a nice Z71 truck and want it to be right. I'll post some pictures taken during the install when I finish it. (Hopefully tomorrow)
Thanks again.

OlsonSigns601

In the future:

If it takes you longer to remove the object then it does to just wrap around it, I would suggest wrapping around it.

I would also suspect writing a post about it will take longer than wrapping around it.