• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ONE 4 THE PROS - Contour Cutting / Corel Draw to cutting in Flexi sign

discountdecals

Hello,
I am looking for some advise. i have knowledge of flexi and in the process of learning corel,
I am opening templates I had purchased in coreldraw format for atv decals.
When i contour cut or outline the design, it sees also objects that are invisible. I have tried powerclipping inside but this is proving to be hard trying to find the object to powerclip to.
I cannot find an easy way to contour cut only the visible objects.
My cutting software is flexi, so i export the file from corel draw, import it to flexi and then i create the contour cut... is this the best way???
Please help me as this is so doing my head in, thank you in advance,
p.s

Attachments

• ltr450 monster.jpg
    ltr450 monster.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 208
Can you just delete the invisible objects? Ctrl + F for the Find Wizard > go to the Fills tab > check the No Fills box > Next > Finish > Find All then delete?

Edit:

Or if other, needed objects have no fill then you can do the same with No Outline, or both.

discountdecals

Hello, if you look at the fenders where there are black and then whote ob=ver the top clusters you'll see the patterns I'm talking about. it's the white 'spray' is actually over the edge of the cut line if u know what i mean. Also on another decal i had been working on, the cut line went through the main graphic itself.
I should have put a coloured background to show you but i'm away from pc at the minute.
would i be best to to trace around the fender decal needing cut, eg create new outline for powerclipping or is there a handier way?
Thanks and apologies for being a little thick on this, I appreciate it

Can you just delete the invisible objects? Ctrl + F for the Find Wizard > go to the Fills tab > check the No Fills box > Next > Finish > Find All then delete?

Edit:

Or if other, needed objects have no fill then you can do the same with No Outline, or both.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I am not too sharp today but if someone sent me that file and I wanted to quickly set up a contour cut I would:
Drop a new layer on top, copy and paste everything onto the new layer
Turn off the original layer.
Select and delete all the logos & fills until I was left with just the green(?) panels.
With all of them selected combine them into a single path.
Use the contour tool to offset the cut line I want (inside contour subtracted from what the original designer added in for bleed).
Delete the path the contour was generated from so I am left with a single compound path on one layer and the original layout on the second.
Export it out as an eps file into Flexi - use the layer with the contour path as the cut file and the original as the print.

wayne k
guam usa

discountdecals

sounds like what i need

Thanks so much for this quote, it sounds spot on, ideal for what i need as because I'm still mostly working flexi i can add details to the design, it's just the *plt that was bugging me, thank you so much. Now I just need to know how to copy a new layer and save the contour layer as a contour or *plt... thanks again, i find you tube brilliant but it is hard to beat experienced experts like yourselves, I hope you have a lovely weekend and if anyone wishes to advise, thank you so much
I am not too sharp today but if someone sent me that file and I wanted to quickly set up a contour cut I would:
Drop a new layer on top, copy and paste everything onto the new layer
Turn off the original layer.
Select and delete all the logos & fills until I was left with just the green(?) panels.
With all of them selected combine them into a single path.
Use the contour tool to offset the cut line I want (inside contour subtracted from what the original designer added in for bleed).
Delete the path the contour was generated from so I am left with a single compound path on one layer and the original layout on the second.
Export it out as an eps file into Flexi - use the layer with the contour path as the cut file and the original as the print.

wayne k
guam usa