Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One big spelling mistake

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by binki, Sep 19, 2018.

1. binki

binki Premium Subscriber

Jul 23, 2007
    The PRC
    Oops

Attached Files:

Tags:
    • OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. White Haus

White Haus Formally known as RJPW..........

Apr 6, 2018
    Winnipeg
    Ouch. That can't be a cheap fix

3. SignsSupport

SignsSupport Support & Tech Administrator

Jan 16, 2017
    Cyberspace
    Oops indeed. o_O

SignsSupport

4. IDB Signs

IDB Signs Member

Aug 29, 2018
    Portland, TN
    So, what kind of vinyl or material does one use for aircraft graphics? It has to at least withstand several hundred mph winds and temps well below zero, right?

5. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    3m makes an aircraft film, besides what you mentioned, it is perforated because the aluminum skin will actually leak air when the plane is at altitude and the cabin is pressurized.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. anne zoomsub

anne zoomsub New Member

Aug 28, 2018
    Guangzhou
    oh, really big mistake:(

7. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    It has to be intentional. Look at all the room they left between the "Y" and the "P". They will fix it only after enough eyeballs have seen it and have shared it on social media, and sites such as S101.

Who knows?...they might even try to sell higher priced seats just so you can say you flew on an instantly famous plane...millennials dig that sort of stuff, I suppose.

Cathay Pacific couldn't even begin to afford all the publicity this has generated.

My opinion? Marketing: Genius Level

JB

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. IDB Signs

IDB Signs Member

Aug 29, 2018
    Portland, TN
    Joe HouseJoe House I didn't know that, that's interesting. I'll do some more research. Thanks!

9. Arlo Kalon 2.0

Arlo Kalon 2.0 Very Active Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Reno, TX
    Early in my apprenticeship as a signpainter, around 1979, I was asked by another shop to come and cut out the masking for a huge electric sign face. This was obviously back when clear faces were painted from behind. It was a replacement for one side of a huge electric sign that was for a pharmacy. I used the pattern I was given. After I had cut the 4 foot high letters out of the word PHARMACY, I stood back and noticed the R was missing! Yep, it said PHAMACY. I pointed it out to the shop owner. He said "well, you're the first person to ever notice it and that sign has been up for years. I guess I don't need to tell you to keep your mouth shut about it". A few days later I drove my wife 20 miles to see the sign after the replacement face was up. When I asked her what the sign said she "pharmacy". I should add she graduated magna cum laude the next year from her university.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brandon708

Brandon708 Very Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Orland Park, IL
    The painters were probably in a rush and wanted to get the F out of there.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
  11. InstantOneMedia

InstantOneMedia Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Atlanta
    Well played.