• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

One inch foamboard?

Caitlin

I've been tasked with designing two panels 30" wide x 72" high to fit a frame which screws into the substrate from the bottom only and they are to replace panels which are on a 1" thick foamboard type product, so I am told. (The client is not interested in spending the money for something new.)

I don't usually work with this product so I'm flying a little blind - does it come in 1" thick? I can't seem to locate it, only 1/2".

My thought was using sintra and reinforcing the bottom to an inch so it would fit but I don't know how it would hold up at 72" high.

I will be seeing the frames later this week but figured I would put out some feelers to see if this is something that might work or if someone somewhere along the line is just confused (could be me.)

Thanks! :rock-n-roll:

Caitlin

I was looking into gatorfoam too, found a :Canada: supplier to save on freight. Thanks for the advice everyone

iprint

I would use Gatorfoam
I would not unless you are putting graphics on both sides. Mounting to one side of Gator will cause the panel to warp if the bare side is exposed to a change in humidity. I prefer Ultraboard for this reason (and a few others). The styrene face of Ultraboard is not going to be affected by humidity as the wood/paper veneer face of Gatorboard would.