• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

one magenta not printing

skasigns

We have a jv3. We had a bad test print and the magenta wasn't holding cleaning fluid. We changed the damper and suctioned ink into the new damper. Now we have absolutely no print in the second magenta position when we do a test print. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

skasigns

attachment.php
This is what it looks like. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20160203_111753.jpg
    20160203_111753.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 119

KCsigns

I have the same problem

I have one black and one magenta not printing. The tech I spoke with said to check the connecting wires to the head and make sure they're not damaged - replace if necessary.

Anybody know of a Mimaki technician in the Detroit area?

Thank you!

skasigns

We'll check it again. We didn't see anything that looked out of place, but will recheck everything. We've changed both magenta dampers, switched the ink cartridges around to make sure the one wasn't bad and put in a new pump. Thanks for your input.
Kim

Ponto

We had similar issues with both JV33 and CJV30 --- only partial and eradicate output on a single cyan channel on each machine drove me crazy . On the JV33 it turned out to be the small component sitting on top of the damper and on the CJV30 it turned out to be the whole assembly in which the capping station is housed. I wish there were more straight forward methods available for diagnostics!

JP

skasigns

We changed the cable and still have the same problem. Can someone give me the name of a good tech in Indiana? Thanks