Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One more question

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Colorburst, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Colorburst

Colorburst Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Cheyenne Wyoming
    I posted this the other day (and thanks for all the info) but I have one more question. What are recommended products for removing the adhesive and cleaning this awning material?
    Thanks,
    George

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    3m citrus? I would be afraid that RR would eat the awning...

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    You might try Denatured Alcohol and lotsa elbow grease.

Be careful. You know it will be easier to do if you take it down and do it inside your shop, rather than in the heat with the sun beating down on you.

4. Stan B

Stan B Guest

what I done in the past is spraying with rapid remover, let it soak for 3-5 minutes, and scrape off the glue with a brand new sharp squigeee. You dont really want to wipe the glue with any paper towel etc, you gotta soften it (with rapid remover) and then scrape it off. Usually goes off fairly easy.

5. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    +1 to rapid remover... also removes the yellow ghosting from illuminated signage.
    +1 to not wiping with a towel, too much work... scrub it in with a squeegee to break it down, then worry about cleaning up the mess afterwards.

6. Colorburst

Colorburst Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Cheyenne Wyoming
    Thanks to all. I guess I'll try the rapid remover and a good squigee. and lots of elbow grease

7. round man

round man Active Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Be careful not to stretch the vinyl fabric in the process. you don't want any stretched wrinkles added to the mix,...also we used to use mineral spirits for glue removal then a quick rinse with denatured alchohol,...no failures to date,...