• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

One of my customers threatened a lawsuit too!

StudioSignsInc

Hello group. New here but willing to jump in :)
This post made me realize how important disclaimers are.. gotta go update our now! Thanks for the story cdiesel!

MikePro

Add:
5.) Nail Salons
6.) Chinese Food Buffet Restaurants
lol, I get calls from the same nail salon everytime they want to change the timer on the clock for their sign... and scoff when I bring up the service fee.

I did it for free the first couple of times, even showed the guy how to do it. But now, they gotta pay... even despite offering to fix me up with his daughter!

BobM

Like the dentist that said "he didn't give deposits". Told him we both wasted our time meeting. No deposit, no signage. He gave me the deposit. He wasn't happy that I demanded the balance, in cash, before I installed the panels.

mark galoob

in another life i was a paramedic for 10 yrs...i dealt w/ these Dr. quacks all the time. the worst are the voodoo doctors (pediatritions).

the thing about these "professionals" is for the most part, they have no common sense because they have spent the better part of their life with their nose in a book, and not living life. most of the docs i dealt with were immature premadonas and thought they were demigods. most were also morons who i would not let near my family.

i will say i was privliged to work with a few exceptional docs who greatly influenced me and saved my ass on several occasions.

mark galoob

When I used to do HVAC work I had a couple of rounds with lawyers. Someone's already said it but it's probably more of a scare tactic to avoid paying than anything else.

The lawyer claimed that I had tracked some mud in her house when I was changing the filters. My boss road out to her house looked at what she was talking about. He couldn't really see what she was talking about but decided to offer to have the carpet cleaned to satisfy the lawyer. Originally it was just one room but when the carpet cleaning guy showed up she insisted that my boss had agreed to have the entire house's carpets cleaned. My boss agreed to pay for the entire carpet cleaning to shut the lawyer up.

One week later she decided that she wasn't satisfied with the carpet simply being cleaned and insisted that the carpet had to be replaced. The lawyer also insisted that I had damaged one of the outside water faucet when I used it to wash the outside unit. She claimed that I had over tightened it and had to have a plumber come out and replace it. At that point my boss had enough and got the company attorney involved. The lawyer immediately dropped everything.

Pro Image

When I used to do HVAC work I had a couple of rounds with lawyers. Someone's already said it but it's probably more of a scare tactic to avoid paying than anything else.

The lawyer claimed that I had tracked some mud in her house when I was changing the filters. My boss road out to her house looked at what she was talking about. He couldn't really see what she was talking about but decided to offer to have the carpet cleaned to satisfy the lawyer. Originally it was just one room but when the carpet cleaning guy showed up she insisted that my boss had agreed to have the entire house's carpets cleaned. My boss agreed to pay for the entire carpet cleaning to shut the lawyer up.

One week later she decided that she wasn't satisfied with the carpet simply being cleaned and insisted that the carpet had to be replaced. The lawyer also insisted that I had damaged one of the outside water faucet when I used it to wash the outside unit. She claimed that I had over tightened it and had to have a plumber come out and replace it. At that point my boss had enough and got the company attorney involved. The lawyer immediately dropped everything.

Hell that pissed me off just reading it.........DAMN.......:omg2:

Jim Doggett

A lawyer should know that threatening a lawsuit is blackmail, and against the law. They're entitle to demand satisfaction, and of course file a lawsuit. But threatening to file a lawsuit is a crime.

File a criminal complaint. They'll likely ask that you withdraw the complaint in lieu of agreeing to all being AOK as is and that no further claims can be made by either party.

Just a thought