• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

One of the hardest things we've ever wrapped!

We wrapped this Polaris Slingshot in 1080 gloss blue metallic. There were so many pieces, and was so cut up. It was a real pain. But the end result looked amazing!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 193
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 165
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 172
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 176
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 181
We charged $2400 for it. We have about 5 hours total in disassembly and reassembly. And 12-13 hours in wrapping it. We used about 20-22 feet of vinyl. I priced it to what I thought was a little high at first knowing it would be a big challenge, glad I did because in the end it worked out about right.

Bly

Holy moly that looks incredibly time consuming.

Nice job and glad you got what you thought it was worth.

phototec

That is impressive work you done did on that there contraption, yeppers' that is a hum dinger!

As Hannibal Smith always said, "I love it when a plan comes together"

[video=youtube;FPQlXNH36mI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPQlXNH36mI[/video]

:U Rock:

Thanks for sharing...

Craig Sjoquist

Yes it looks good indeed & even though we can not see close up it does look well done.

For the time spent wrapping & cost & how long it will last I'm sure that paint would look & last longer as for cost about same.

I surely hope paint does not get replaced by vinyl.

Billct2

Yeah but can you strip the paint and expose the factory finish when you want to sell it? Nope.
I agree, and there are a lot of films available that aren't easily done with paint.

rjssigns

Yeah but can you strip the paint and expose the factory finish when you want to sell it? Nope.

THIS^^^^

I'm doing a 2015 H-D Street Glide with wrap film for the very same reason. Client sells every other year and wants to retain maximum value.

Craig Sjoquist

Ok yes indeed you can not just go back to factory paint without repainting, or get some special effects wanted that vinyl has to offer totally agree where vinyl will be great if that is the case no argument there at all.

But to spend $2,400 on a vinyl wrap or new paint job on a fairly new auto or bike, would think changing is not in order for future to sell, unless for advertising.

I am not bashing vinyl or the job looks great & surely there was a purpose, I just did not see it, the color was blue assumed it was metal flake or candy both & more can be done with paint without seams & to last a half dozen years lets say & if I was to see it at a bike show looking close & see it was vinyl, yuck just my personal opinion. I believe craftsmanship is what attracts people, buying vinyl & even though it was a very difficult job to apply vinyl & I applaud him for doing a excellent job from what I can see, again it is just vinyl, & a waste of money for what ya get unless a special reason.

Agreed Pat. We wrap a lot of boats a solid color, and wrap them the color they already are just to keep the gel coat looking perfect for resale. It definetly does have its place just as paint does.

CanuckSigns

Paint has it's place..................but that place is no longer everywhere.

Next month we're wrapping a $100k+ wood chipper truck in breast cancer pink - would have cost the customer $10k to have it painted. This way if/when he wants to sell it, he can strip it and have a fresh white factory paint job underneath.

As much as I respect and admire painting - vinyl does have it's place in the color change world.

I remember when I took the Wrap class with Justin Pate, he told us a story, the city where he lives in Holland uses pickup trucks that are blue and yellow, they used to get them painted blue and yellow and then apply vinyl graphics to them, however when they went to sell the truck, they had a MUCH lower resale value because of the colour.

Now they buy plain white trucks, and he wraps them, in 5 years when they go to sell, they have a white pickup truck with a pristine paint job underneath, which increases the value even more. even after paying to have them wrapped they still end up costing them less than the old way because of the increased resale value.