• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

One of those days (weeks)...

Moze

I'm glad this week (especially today) is over.

Ordered a set of dimensional letters a couple of weeks ago for a customer. We get a three day ice storm and somehow the circuitry on their router fried. Job is delayed. Aluminum supplier is behind on shipping due to the storm. Job is delayed even more. End customer isn't happy and doesn't understand that the weather affects other people's/companies schedules. Finally the letters are done. Six sets of painted .250" aluminum letters getting stud-mounted on three double-face monuments with EIFS finish. Each cheesy. Pull up to the site and pass one monument...must be for another customer - it's not EIFS, it's split face rock. Pass a second monument. Uh oh...split face rock. Find the third monument...split face rock. Somewhere along the line the EIFS finish got changed to split face rock. What would have taken half an hour or so per set now takes almost three hours. Multiplied times six sets....18 hours instead of 3 hours. I was supposed to be done in a few hours so didn't dress for the cold snap I knew was coming. When I was almost done with the first set, the temps dropped from a little above 70° to around 40° in about 15 minutes. And it sprinkled the entire time. And a bird pooped on the front of my shirt - true story. Clean that off and then notice the letters on the store are a darker color than the letters I'm installing. Mild panic sets in as I assume my letters were painted the wrong color. Get home and look at a PMS fan deck and mine look correct. The ones on the store are definitely darker. I almost think someone painted the ones on the store PMS 7418 instead of 7417. Even the coloring of the banner looks correct.

Anyway, long day...good riddance.

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 69

rjssigns

We're in the process of nailing down color on a job right now. Many times I wish there were only the eight standard Crayola colors.

player

The city of Kanata Ontario Canada has a set of colours that are approved. No deviating. I think this only applies to houses.