• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

One of those jobs...

GVP

Greetings!

We're trying to process the job from hell at the moment (bad files, odd blemishes, etc) - the latest "hiccup" is that the printer stopped about a third into the job. The RIP has apparently finished and sent the entire file, but the printer just shows the "Busy" light lit and "Processing" on the display. And there it's sat for 35 minutes. Having given it up as a bad job, here's my question - is there a way of telling if the problem is in the ripped file, or if it was some other (communications?) error? Obviously don't really want to print another six feet of material to get to the same point if the problem is in the ripped file and it will happen again. Should I re-rip it?

Any ideas?

Versaworks 4.8.1 / Versacamm VP-540 / eps file

SublimeGraphics

I have never had this happen......but if it was me, I would totally delete the file from the rip and start again. Test print a copy at 5 or 10%. Then restore it to full size and try again. If it does happen again you know you have bigger problems

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Most likely, the signal got messed up at some minute part and it just happened to be a 1/3 of the way into the job. Usually your Ethernet just got messed up for a split second, but the printer can't take that. Just start over, unless you can figure out what caused the actual interruption.

tanneji

I have had that happen twice since the newest VersaWorks update but never before. I need to uninstall and reinstall and hope that corrects the problem. It seems to be fairly random though. It happened once on a long print with multiple panels and once on a 4x6 banner.