• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

One problem leads to another

jiro

So my router takes a sh*t and I get another one. OK try to communicate with my printer (Mutoh Rockhopper jr. 38) and get cannot open port. Called a friend up to help me with the ip address thing. Ran short on time, because we could not figure it out and needed to print out a job. So put a printer cable on and got it to print.
Not long into the print I notice black head is not printing (man…when it rains it pours!!)
Look at the damper, it’s dry. I tried to pull ink threw the line at the waste bottle got nothing but suction as if the line is clogged. Tried to pull at the damper and got nothing.
If anyone can tell me where’s a good place to start, my inclination is to take it apart and clean the line or check for leaks.
This brings me to my next question? I did a test putting a drop of ink in Eco solvent cleaning solution I have from a cart and it coagulates, same with denatured alcohol. Seems to me this could be bad to have clumps if ink going threw the machine. Tried a drop of ink in acetone and it thinned it out no clumps. Is it OK to run acetone threw the lines, damper, heads maintenance station, or will it do damage. thank much..