• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

One time ink chips Mimaki SS21

Motograffics

Can anyone explain about the one time chips, I do understand that they are used up when ink is registered as empty, but can a ink cartridge be inserted more than once without the chip expiring? Just thinking about removing a cartridge to shake it ocassionally. Thanks

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Can anyone explain about the one time chips, I do understand that they are used up when ink is registered as empty, but can a ink cartridge be inserted more than once without the chip expiring? Just thinking about removing a cartridge to shake it ocassionally. Thanks
As long as you’re taking out the same cartridge and replacing it you’re fine.

The only time I think you can run into issues if you your running the 2L bulk ink and swap cartridges before they are empty. Long story but it’s really easy to get your chips and cartridges out of sync.

If you have the 440 cartridges they are pretty foolproof

Btw Bordeaux ink is an awesome substitute for oem and we liked it better than the oem as it dried faster and was lower odor. Being cheaper was nice as well