• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Online Data Error

Billct2

As soon as I turn on my Edge (Original Edge 2nd model , not trunnion, running Gerber Omega 5) I get an "Online Data Error".
I have been able to get it to work by rebooting the Edge, but it takes multiple tries.
My searches all turn up Online Data Errors w/ numbers that appear when sending a job.
Anyone know what may cause this on startup?

Tony Teveris

Answered on 4edgetalk - I find it best to disconnect the cable at the PC end. It seems that the systems is holding data / logic and attempting to clean itself up.

Billct2

Thanks Tony, that's one of the things I did when rebooting. Refastened the cable to make sure it was tight. Is this a symptom of an impending failure of the cable or motherboard?

Tony Teveris

It normally only happens when an "abort" of the job does not clean up on its self.
This is the only time I've had this happen to me

You do not need to reboot, just disconnect the cable at the PC end.

Through out our USB testing we have worn out the connectors on the PC but that was after many connects/disconnects.