Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

only vinyl cutting?

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by 149motorsports, Sep 25, 2008.

1. 149motorsports

149motorsports Active Member

Aug 8, 2006
    PITTSBURGH
    does flexi make a software that you can only do vinyl cutting in? dont need all that fancy stuff, just basic tools and able to cut from it? thanks

Tags:
  2. SignAttack

SignAttack Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Yea I forget what called actually but its like 500 bucks
    if you got on sight it will tell you but if your are just doing vinyl and if you got Ai you can get a plug called CoCut I believe and that just cost 200 something
    people who use that are very happy with it apparently :flamey:

3. imaSIGNr

imaSIGNr Very Active Member

Jan 15, 2006
    look into LXi ( same as Flexi ) sold exclusively at Signwarehouse, way cheaper, and as good if you're not into heavy production.

4. 149motorsports

149motorsports Active Member

Aug 8, 2006
    PITTSBURGH
    yes i saw lexi like version 6.6 or something, im not heavy into production, just cutting vinyl for stuff. do you know if i do buy a used version, do i have to registure it again or can i install and put key in back of computer and be ready to cut?? i have a seperate computer that i have dedicated to my business with no internet connection, will this still work?

5. imaSIGNr

Jan 15, 2006
    It's LXi not Lexi.....I don't know the answer to your question. Call Signwarehouse and ask them.... 800-699-5512

6. cOrKinSA

cOrKinSA Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2006
  7. joenagel

joenagel New Member

Feb 29, 2008
    LXI and Flexi are the same program, except you can't print form LXI.

As a matter of fact when I launch my version of LXI the splash screen that shows up says FLEXI 8.5, I used to run Flexi at my last job and I can't find anything different except the printing functions.

8. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    LXI is usually on version behind!

9. imaSIGNr

Jan 15, 2006
    the guy doesn't want to print nor need the latest version, just a cutter that works like Flexi....