• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onset s20

cwb143

Anyone have any thoughts on the onset printer?
I don't know much about it. Problems with it?
Does it work? Lol. Is it old technology? DOes it have value?
thanks for any input.

Montrealer

Senior Operator
We had a few Fuji printers, and we have a S20.
I refer you to Inca website for specific models : http://www.incadigital.com/products/

I am operator for couple years now, i had work with many printers : Vutek, HP, Mimaki, XLjet, Jeti, Acuity Advance, Spyder, Uvistar 2, Onset. I can tell you that the S20 its a very productive machine. It can print a 60x120 sheet with 20 pass setting in 45-50 sec...

in 8 hours you can print around 200-300 sheets in 48x96 formats easily, resolution at 600-1000 DPI most compagny work into 600 DPI productivity profile. the quality its very good. But its a complicated machine to operated.

The maintenance its very long, you had a daily, weekly and monthly maintenance to do, the daily take around 45 min-1 hour each 8 hours, the weekly and monthly can take up to 2 hours to do...This machine require a high degree of maintenance all the time...in 8 hours of work you can remove minimum 1 hour per quarter just for the maintenance...Most manufacturers today try to put to minimum the maintenance to do, but Inca they dont care, if you listen to the technicians you just do maintenance on the machine and never print...

Like all Fuji machine they dont support well the heat, if you print in 26 pass non stop after a while air conditionning or not, the machine start heating and the internal safety mode stop the machine, you had to disable the warning, big waste of time...thats why i dont hate but im not loving that machine too, the cooling system are not working very well...

The curing dosent cure well in light zone, and the enrich color dosent look that good on plastic substrats like styrene, it working good on non static material. I judge the performance of a machine on enrich colors, if i can print a good enrich black on a long run, its a good machine...

So depending of the production you got, if you have big production to do, the onset s20 its a good machine, quick, good quality, and with the pin registration it doing perfect register printing.

But if you dosent have enough jobs to run atless 2 quarter of work (16 hours) every day, i dont recommand to buy the S20, you need the maintenance customer contract, the operators cannot change anything on the machine, you are totally dependant from the Inca technicians. Otherwise if you have jobs for 16 hours and more per days thats interesting machine.

Hope that helping!!