• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ontario canada

ontsigngirl

I've been working in the graphics industry for over 20 years now (both as a designer and pre press technician). In June the company I worked for went into receivership.

I've decided it's now or never so I've been planning the opening of my new business for weeks - and I must say I'm exhausted:) I'm hoping frequent visits here will calm some of my worries and answer ALOT of my questions.

My start up goal is to produce vinyl letters, small signs, decals, digital prints and wall graphics.

I've pretty much settled on a Roland SP-300 for my start up printer cutter
I've found a refurbished one here in Ontario for 9,500.00 - 6 month warranty - training provided. Any thoughts on this? Is this enough to get me started?
(plus a computer, scanner, tables, knives etc).

Any suggestions, advise will be greatly appreciated.

Bye for now

Sticky Signs

Welcome from BC! I grew up in the Windsor area. What part are you in?
Here's my advise for equipment - Buy the biggest, baddest machine you can afford. You'd be surprised how quickly you can out grow equipment. Keep in mind that you will probably want other equipment to compliment your printer such as a laminator.
Best of luck!

BobM

Welcome from Cape of Cod. Starting your own business is so exciting and rewarding. Develop a clear and reasonable business plan and go with it. Don't get over extended. There are lots of very good merchant members here on Signs 101 who can supply you cost efective materials, designs, and finished signage to help you get started and still make money. Good luck with your new venture

Mark L

Welcome from barrie ontario.. Best of luck!! As for your printer question I haven't any experience on the roland, but I'm sure some members here will be able to give you advice on that unit.

ontsigngirl

thanks for all the warm welcomes and advise.

Sticky Signs - I'm in the Brantford Area:)

I'm looking forward to reading here often.