• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 10.1 Ink Limit swatch printed grey?

I haven't created very many profiles, but I've never had this happen. The other swatches printed just fine, not sure why this one seems to be overprinted with grey..

Attachments

• IMG_20150218_093730.jpg
    IMG_20150218_093730.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 141
Which printer model (looks like one of the various HP Latex if I had to guess) are you running?

Are you using the on-board i1 device or an offline measurement instrument?

I would suggest that you back up in Media Manager to the Calibration screen, and look at the Linearization ink density curves (Measurements tab). I would bet that at least one of the channel ramps is wonky (possibly flat or has significant declines.)

I have found that using the on-board i1 on the Latex 200-series units (L25500 and L26500/Latex 260) tends to require a copious amount of media, takes a long time, crashes frequently, and generates errant readings with some regularity. An offline measurement instrument is much preferred for those reasons. Using the on-board i1 on the 300-series (my experience is primarily with the Latex 360) on the other hand, works outstandingly well for most opaque media types.

chafro

Could be a bad head or that you didn't do the density measures correctly. Before the ink limits you do density measurements.

those are the two more probable causes.

Yes L26500. Sorry, probably should have mentioned that.

Yes using onboard i1. I've been pushing for a separate unit, but they don't want to drop the $1,200 for it. (Although one decent job would more than pay for it..)

I don't think it's a printhead. I just replaced a black and the other one looked perfect in test prints. I'll go back and reprint/read the other swatches and see if that cures it, I was just wondering if anybody else had this problem.

Thanks all.

I also would tend to doubt that a printhead is at fault, assuming that the other swatches (Ink Restrictions and Calibration) show all four channels.

I would first go back and look at the Calibration measurements that you performed in the step just before the Total Ink Limit. Click the left arrow to the Calibration screen, then click the Advanced button (the screen you are looking for is the Measurement Tab as shown on the attached screen shot). You should see the curves all increasing (going up) from left-to-right. I am guessing that at least one of yours are not doing this, instead they might be flat lining at the bottom of the chart. This would indicate that the density measurement data did not get back to the RIP from the printer.

In that event, you would want to re-print the Calibration (Linearization) chart again, and this time verify that the measurements appear valid before proceeding to the next step.

Attachments

• Linearization Measure.JPG
    Linearization Measure.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 104

Rydaddy

yellow

Could just be the pic you took of the printed ink limit, but I don't see your yellow channel... anywhere.