• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 10.2 and epson 4800

Ditchmiester

I'm wondering how I can get my blacks to print blacker? I'm new to this whole rip thing and when I print the sample print that comes with onyx called "wine and cheese" the blacks come out very rich and deep. But when I print my vector artwork that was designed in Corel X6 they come out dull and weak. I'm using postershop 10.2 and an Epson 4800. Thanks in advanced.

Bly

Check out the black in your source files first.
That sample image has four colour blacks whereas your vector blacks are probably only K100.
Also check your profile rendering intents in Onyx.
I use Relative Colorimetric and make sure Use Black Point Compensation is selected.
This feature has pretty much solved the weak black problem in previous versions for me.
Of course you need an accurate profile for your ink/media.

Ditchmiester

Thanks very much. I will look into it. I hope I can get these blacks darker thats the only thing that I don't like about this rip so far.

Ditchmiester

I also can't figure out how to turn off the auto cut feature i'm trying to send prints to my graphtec cutter to cut out but it auto cuts off the material after done printing and there isn't enough material at the end to run through the plotter.

Bly

You can turn it off for each job in Rip Queue by right clicking the file and editing printer settings > Auto cut - off.
To cancel it on all future jobs go into Media Manager and turn it off in Media Options.