• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 10.2 and VideoNet Driver

Ditchmiester

I'm trying to hook up a ColorSpan 72UVR and I cannot get the VideoNet driver to work. I have downloaded and installed the protocol but when I hook the printer to the computer via the LAN port I have dedicated to the VideoNet protocol I get nothing. In Onyx it tells me the port data is bad and to reconfigure it. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Ditch

Ditchmiester

Does anyone know where I can get the cable that would have come with the printer and is the actual videonet cable?

Thanks.

eye4clr

Contact Mike at California Media Services (CMS). These guys have this stuff wired. There is a specific Intel network card that's 10/100, not 1000, that works best.

I don't remember whether it needs a crossover cable or not. Mike will know.

Ditchmiester

Well I finally figured it out. In Onyx 10.2 they discontinued support of the video net protocol. I had to downgrade to 10.1 and it works like a dream.

eforer

Just for future reference, they do need crossover cables. Don't have a UVR anymore but printed with one for years. It's still alive and kicking in MO at another shop. Good, underrated machines and money makers with coro and foam core.

Ditchmiester

Yeah. That was my first problem. Just using a regular patch cable. Man I tell you this video net crap is the most sensitive printer protocol I have ever seen. Thank god it was only for ColorSpan. I'm glad I'm able to print sellable signs on this printer now. Hopefully I can learn enough between now and SGIA to know what I should be looking at for an upgrade.