• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 10 ICC Profile setup

bob_5793

Hi,

Re: Onyx 10 ICC Profile setup

I am hoping to find out what others select in the 'Color Management' section of a Quick Set, for large format printing.

Reading so much stuff about how CM can create problems for transparency in a RIP.

I am using the supplied profiles, for convenience at the moment, will grasp proper CM and profiling ourselves in a bit, so far the built in profiles have been pretty good.

I am selecting 'European Perceptual (Colourful)' preselects 'ISOcoated_V2_eci.icc' for CMYK Image and Vector, is that the best built in profile for Large format (yes we are in Europe), that is a derivation of

On Rendering Intents, would it not be best to choose Perceptual for 'image' and 'Colorimetric' for vector, the pre-selection selects 'Perceptual' for vector, would the later not cause shifts in vector blends or any vector items that intersect transparency ? you want vector colour more accurate surely ?

Thanks

bob_5793

I am submitting PDFX-1a:2001's to the RIP.

To ensure consistency would I also need to have the profile: 'ISOcoated_V2_eci.icc' installed and selected as the Output Intent Profile Name when making the PDF, at present we have the Coated Fogra39 (ISO 12467-2:2004) selected - could this lead to a colour conversion due to inconsistency in profile names and profile content.

danno

I haven't experimented with any of the European profiles, but have tested various output profiles after creating my own printer profiles. When I find the ones that are best suited for what I am printing, I note them for future reference.