• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 10 - pop up trim marks

bob_5793

Hi,

What is the best method for getting correct panel trim marks when producing pop up displays.

When tiling say a 3x3 the 'split' marks are correct, but with top and bottom of middle panels we find we still need to measure with a ruler, in from the edge of the print or outer marks, the amount of bleed to trim off - to get the correct panel height.

It would be so much better if we had an 'inner' crop mark to trim to.

Thanks.

danno

Here's what I do. At the print tab, I press the print setup button. Then I press the Marks tab and check the box Crop and Crop Outline. It gives me a faint black/grey line around my print.

bob_5793

Hi, yes but the rip will simply put crops along that outline, so both the outline and crops are on the outer edges of the bleed, not where the trim is to take place, I want to inset the crops by the bleed amount, I know some rips have that feature, just wondered if Onyx had that or there was a work around.

bob_5793

Although not fully solved part of our issue appears that we were suffering with an issue with the 'bleed' function not coming through into a PDF, which now seems to have been fixed by Adobe, so we are using that, although the PDF is still including the bleed area, so the RIP puts crops around that.

At least now with banner stands and the like it we can 'add' a crop when making the PDF - which gives us a correct crop to work to, it is only with Pop-Ups that we do not get a crop top and bottom on the middle panels to work too. We can of course create some manual crops in Illi or Indesign to copy and paste onto the artwork for this if needed, seems shame a Rip cannot pick up on the 'bleed' area and know where to put the crop.