• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 10, printing to a network windows spooler

bob_5793

Hi I have Onyx Prod House v10 on windows 7.

I want to forward or print jobs from Onyx to a printer/spooler on an old Windows 2000 desktop, it would be preferable to spool first on the Win7 then, send those to the spooler on the Win2k machine, but if I have to go direct from Onyx to the Win2k spooler then well be it, and may help if it removes the 'Remote Downlevel Document' naming in the Win2K spooler.

I have made this work on an old XP machine - but cant get it to work on the newer Win 7, on win7 it connects with either the driver on the Win7 machine or Win2k machine, spools - sends it, but I end up with an 11k file in the spooler, and the job in Onyx reporting 'error cannot start print', it RIPS correctly, but cant seem to get it to the spooler. I think I had an error of some sort

As I remember there was some trick, but I cant remember, I have 'Print to Windows Printer Driver' selected within Onyx, and get the same message whether going to either printer on either machine.

Any pointers would be helpful, thanks.