• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 10 - take up roller not working

bob_5793

Hi

Sending roll fed print jobs via Onyx 10 Production House, to an Encad 850, we find the take up roller does not work, any ideas ?, I'm sure its a RIP issue, as the take up works with our other RIP.

Thanks

Hotspur

No its the printer

Hi

Sending roll fed print jobs via Onyx 10 Production House, to an Encad 850, we find the take up roller does not work, any ideas ?, I'm sure its a RIP issue, as the take up works with our other RIP.

Thanks

There is no function in Onyx to control a hardware take-up system - it is entirely printer related.

bob_5793

Sorry, but I found a dialogue within Onyx to control a few hardware features, under:

Configure Printer/Media/Options (highlight the media you want to check)

You can change:

Quality Mode
Speed
Paper Feed
Cutter
etc etc.

I found in the 'Paper Feed' section, changing from the default 'Roll1' to 'Take-Up' got the take up roller working again, spooling the paper as its comes out of the printer.

It appears though you needs to highlight all the media's individually to make this change, I wonder if there is a more 'Global' way to make this change.