• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 10 - tile crop mark omitted when 'submit as separate tiles' checked

bob_5793

Hi

When I check in Onyx 10 - 'Submit as separate tiles' when tiling, the middle mark ('Zero Line Tile Mark') does not output, unchecking and it appears - this however results in one very large file in the windows spooler (one file containing all tiles), and if the output device coughs out - say in the middle of a big job - you can't simply 'restart' that particular panel (you can go back to the RIP and output just the one panel - but its seems a bit of a clunky way of working)

Any way to output tiles as separate files, but still get the Zero Line Tile Mark to output on the tiles.

Thanks

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Don't think any RIP out there will separate a tiled print in to separate files. Only way to send individually is to go back and select one tile/deselect the others. So yeah, if you printer craps while printing, you gotta start over, eliminating any already printed tiles.

bob_5793

The onyx RIP can send tiles as individual files, but it omits the 'centre line mark' when 'submit tiles as separate files' is selected ... which seems odd, unless I'm not setting something right.

scott pagan

you can check a few things that may do what you're after...

in RIP-Queue select your printer, press "change" media and placement tab>options (uncheck) "print multiple rows at a time", "horizontal copying" and "grouping". this will allow the RIP to send individual tile separations rather than 1 long multi-tiled print. you will need to print each tile, but can pull up single tiles if your printer crashes during a long run.

in PreFlight Print tab>Marks check "registration", "crop", and "zero-line tile mark" tabs and submit to print like you normally would. this will allow the multi tiled job to RIP out as 1 job, but send to printer as single tiles with all of the marks you need.

hope these help.