• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Onyx 11.1.2 stucks while creating a custom profile in Media Manager.

hazartilirot

Good day,

My onyx version is 11.1.2 (four updates have been installed).

I've started to create a custom profile....

The thing is when I click on "Build ICC Profile" the process stucks at 40%. I spent two hours in vain... nothing has changed.

There are two screenshots I took....

What I'm confused about is that ID and Overlap have negative values.

if you notice.... Paper has a negative value as well, additionally the number is huge! Each time I close and open it again it changes... I assume that it should be a constant

Dunno if it matters, I reads patches with i1Pro 2

Attachments

• mode.png
    mode.png
    129.7 KB · Views: 315
  • View Readings.png
    View Readings.png
    213.2 KB · Views: 275
  • imgimg.png
    imgimg.png
    172.8 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:

Bly

It looks like you have a lot of patches that are not reading within range of what's expected.
All your readings look too light.
Does v11 automate restrictions? If you're setting them manually try increasing them until the patches look closer to what the software expects.

hazartilirot

Bly Thank you for your reply. Yes, it does. I was playing with the ink restriction since a graph I got wasn't smooth. Nonetheless.... Could those negative values be a culprit?

Bly

I can't remember the profiling process in 11 but you need more ink.

Try going back to the defaults and try again.

hazartilirot

Could anyone tell me as to how to print Extreme Accuracy with Liniarization (2066 patches) swatch on A0+ format?

When I select the prefered option my printer complains that the paper size is narrow. I tried to continue the process anyway though a half of patches weren't printed....

Why does the application want to print all patches in a row? I expected the Onyx would divide swatches into many rows if the total amount of patches doesn't fit into the paper's width so that it could then be cut it into strips and read with a spectrophotometer.

I was able to fit just 994 patches to my width which is 914mm . Is there any settings in Onyx that should be changed? :(

Thank you.

Attachments

• Print Swatch.png
    Print Swatch.png
    187 KB · Views: 301

Bly

Open the file in job editor and select print tiles as separate jobs, then print to your paper size.

hazartilirot

Okay, thank you very much! I spent a half hour on looking for the right parameter I needed to change....:) I've eventually found it! I thought that the parameter should be in RIP-Queue..... I'll check it out tomorrow...

Attachments

• img.png
    img.png
    157.3 KB · Views: 281

hazartilirot

Yep....

However, the last question is Color Management. Before sending the job to print.... should I choose "All ICC Profiles OFF" so that there won't be interference?

Attachments

• colormanagement.png
    colormanagement.png
    177.6 KB · Views: 294
  • tiling in action.png
    tiling in action.png
    204.9 KB · Views: 279
  • tiling.png
    tiling.png
    171.6 KB · Views: 298

Bly

Yes. You should just open in Job Editor, turn on Submit Tiles As Separate Jobs and click submit.

hazartilirot

Thanks! I've worked out the issue. The culprit was the material I had been working with. The plain paper is low quality. As soon as I changed the material to a vinyl film - everything was been processed smoothly... I tried a couple of times... and each time there were dozens of mistakes in readings, mostly in dark colours.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Do you have i1 profiler (software) can you read the patches though that? see what results you get. that shouldn't really happen because it's one type of media.

hazartilirot

Do you have i1 profiler (software) can you read the patches though that? see what results you get. that shouldn't really happen because it's one type of media.
I do.... however the culprit is the plain paper we bought. it was really cheap and as a result - it consumes inks a lot..... The photograph we tried to print on it seemed pale... laking of contrast.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I do.... however the culprit is the plain paper we bought. it was really cheap and as a result - it consumes inks a lot..... The photograph we tried to print on it seemed pale... laking of contrast.

I have noticed onyx needs to see colours as close to the expected colour as possible. Or else it doesn't know what is going on.
Onyx will only give you a good profile is everything is done perfect prior doing the icc profile.