• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 11 - Document bounds Illustrator files

jpena9137

I have an .eps file that I am pulling into Onyx 11 and when it is importing it is not using the art board as the limits to the document size. I have an element that extends beyond the art board edge and it brings in the whole thing. I read something about setting the document limit with a clipping mask, but in my attempt it still did not work. It would clip the printable image correctly, but the document size was still the same (just left white space). If I want to make multiple copies of the image, it is leaving too much space because Onyx is not trimming the file size to the art board or the clipping mask. I guess I dont fully understand how the software decides what to bring in from Illustrator files and if there are setting to control these things. Any insight would be great!

Thanks!

Jacob

If you make a box on the top layer of all the art and then highlight all the items and make a clipping mask it will work. Clipping in onyx also works but you my not get the exact art size.