• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 11 - How to print non-consecutive PDF pages?

MikeyG

Hi there to you all!
Just had Onyx RIP installed - running three different large format printers.
(Previously been using Shiraz.)

Finally getting to grips with Onyx's little ways...

However, I don't seem to be able to find a way to print non-consecutive pages of a PDF.
For instance, I may want to just print page 2,4 and 6 from a 10-page PDF.

I know that in 'Job Editor', in the 'Preview and Size' tab, I can specify "1/All" to print all the pages, or just set a number to print just one of the pages.
But I'd expect to be able to type in "2,4,6" or "2/4/6" or something, to be able to just print those pages. At the moment, I'm having to specify just page 2 and submit it. Then doing the same for page 4 and submitting that, and so on. Then printing with "Group Jobs Together" selected.

I also know that in the "Layout" tool I can turn off different pages within a PDF document. This would do fine, but I can't specify a gap between the images! The 'Minimum Spacing between Images' is set to 0.3cm and is greyed out so I can't alter it!

Any advise or help welcome! Thanks!

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
When I need to do this, I'll run the PDF through Acrobat and extract the required pages into their own file.
Couldn't find an easy way to do it through Onyx either.

Bly

Rip the whole lot then right click in RipQueue and select Edit > Tiles.
Turn the ones you to print on or off.

MikeyG

That's fantastic!
I thought there had to be a way (it would have been ridiculous if not!).
As 'SignMeUp' said, I'd never have though of looking there, either!

Thanks so much for the help!