• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 12 - CUT-Server Default Change?

TheSnowman

Anyone know how over on "Layers" you can change it from always being "default" to read what I manually have the cutter set for? Far as I know when I was running Onyx 10, it would always cut what I had my cutter set on. Now, if I forget to click that default setting off, and change it to Manual/Device Settings, it cuts for whatever I have my 1st cut option set on my Graphtec. Kind of making me crazy. The tech I talked to said there isn't a way to do it, and I guess I'll take that as the gospel, but I'm hoping someone has a work around.

I can't find anything pertaining to default settings in the preferences.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We set up our default cutting profile option to be use device settings. We also do this because our Summa sorts vectors much better than Onyx does which makes things faster and more reliable. I can post our settings process when I get back to the office tomorrow

TheSnowman

We set up our default cutting profile option to be use device settings. We also do this because our Summa sorts vectors much better than Onyx does which makes things faster and more reliable. I can post our settings process when I get back to the office tomorrow

That would be great if you can tell me how to do that. Thanks.

TheSnowman

Happen to get those settings by chance?

On the Graphtec's control panel:

Menu > 1 Toools > Down Arrow > 4 condition Priority > 1 Manual > Enter to Save.

This causes the plotter to ignore any commands that change the Condition Settings that are defined and in use on the plotter's front panel.

Paul

Great, got it set...now we wait.

OK, but I'm not sure what it is that you are waiting for. If you follow the instructions in my previous post (#5 in this thread), it will cause the condition set on the plotter to take precedence over what the software program is saying (on other words, exactly what you are requesting to happen).

Paul

YMCK

ONYX 12 does not have a way to make layers for new cut files automatically use “Manual/Device Settings”. The solution is to properly configure your layer settings to match your desired settings. In Cut Server for modern Graphtec Cutters ONYX gives the ability to change the condition number or to set individual settings for each layer settings, this applies to the “Default” layer settings as well. This is how that would be accomplished:

In Cut Server > Manage Cutters > Select cutter, then click “Configure” > In the bottom section under “Cut Layer Settings” select the layer you would like change, and then “Configure” > This will then open the “Add Cutter Setting” window where you can select either the Cutter Condition to set, or configure to “Use Individual settings”

TheSnowman

Paul, your settings didn't seem to help. Maybe it's because I'm connected Ethernet or something, I don't know, butit did what it always did before where as soon as it finds the crop marks, it kicks over to my first condition on the graphtec, and then it's not right for that media. I'm looking at the "manage cutters" that was suggested, but essentially, I'd have to go in each and every time to change this?

I can't believe they didn't include something in Onyx that has been standard in the past from what I hear. I guess I just have to remember each and every time I cut something to go in and set it for manual, unless I'm missing something, which I hope I am.

Christian @ 2CT Media

In Cut Server > Manage Cutters > Select cutter, then click “Configure” > In the bottom section under “Cut Layer Settings” select the layer you would like change, and then “Configure”

In the configuration window make sure override cutter settings is unchecked. This should allow it to use whatever you set on the cutter.

This si currently how we have it set up in our onyx 12.02