• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 12 & Jv300 8 Color

Gary Wiant

I'm getting ready to purchase Onyx 12 Postershop but I'm concerned with the fact that there are not many profiles to print with C-M-Y-K-Lt.M-Lt.C-Lt.K-Orange on the JV300.

Does anyone have experience with the Onyx profiles on 3M 180c or if anyone has any custom profiles they would be willing to share?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Buy a spectrophotometer and make some. probably better than the canned profiles you'll find.

Gary Wiant

Vander J z thank you but unless I'm missing something these are for Rasterlink not Onyx, unless the profiles are interchangeable but I've never heard of that.

Paul, I totally agree but I just don't have the money to buy an eye1 right now but it is in the plans. Which eye1 do I need?

Thank you both

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Vander J z thank you but unless I'm missing something these are for Rasterlink not Onyx, unless the profiles are interchangeable but I've never heard of that.

Paul, I totally agree but I just don't have the money to buy an eye1 right now but it is in the plans. Which eye1 do I need?

Thank you both

Because you have Onyx Postershop, you should be able to create ICC profiles all internally. So really all you need is the I1 pro unit. And you can get them for a few hundred dollars.
X-Rite i1 Pro 2 Spectrophotometer | eBay

But i always recommend to get the i1 public pro kit as you can calibrate everything else like your monitor and scanners. Also has its own icc profiling software.
You can buy that as a kit with out the i1pro later down the track as an upgrade.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Thank you both

The profiles I linked to should be universal. I have used them in Rasterlink and Flexi but I haven't tried Onyx. .icc files are a standard so I don't think you will have an issue with Onyx.