• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 12 Key Not Recognized on Windows 10 Anymore

deand_sai

Merchant Member
I have an Onyx RIP Version 12 key. It's been running fine on my Windows 10, but after a Windows update it stopped seeing the key. So I uninstalled Onyx and tried re-installing, but now it wont see the key at the beginning of the installation. However, thy key DOES work on a Windows 7 system, so I know it's not a problem with the HASP HL key. I downloaded and installed the latest key drivers (dated Sep 2016) but the installation still can't see the key.

Anyone else have this problem and found a solution? Onyx charges $800 for a service agreement to talk to a tech even though I'm on version 12 (the latest version).

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
The service agreement is a load of crap. However i am on a contract with them to keep the software upto date. still waiting for 12.1 ....

Anyway your issue, Have you tried to put the key into a different port? When i tried reinstalling onyx x12 it didn't recognise the key but once i changed the usb port it recognised it again.

Make sure you turn your antivirus off and install it in administrator mode. There are known issues installing it with antivirus on and not in administrator mode.