Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onyx 12 Registration Marks

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by ikarasu, Mar 1, 2017.

1. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    Good afternoon!

I just upgraded to onyx 12 about a week ago, before that I was on the outdated onyx 10. Everything works great, but I just had problems with 2 different cut files.

It'll read mark 1, mark 2, then when it goes to mark 3 it wont read it at all, no matter what... even if I do manual find. I found where to change the settings, and I increased the size of the marks... but that didn't seem to do anything.

I compared an onyx 12 print to onyx 10, and the lines on onyx 10 are way thicker. I'm going to presume it's the thin lines thats giving it a problem. I havent tried changing the mark sense on the graphtec yet, I was hoping there was a way to go back to the old onyx 10 mark style (Fat lines!), before I mess with the firmware on the graphtec.

I re-printed a file in onyx 10, and it worked perfectly, first try. So it has to be something with 12. Any ideas on increasing the thickness, or anything else besides mark sense?

Tags:
  2. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    Well... I changed the mark sense to higher, and now i can cut a file from onyx 12. Still a bit hesitant...hoping it wasn't a fluke. I'll test it on other media whenever I load it, make sure it can read/cut on every media before doing big jobs. Had to open onyx 10 to print 50 FT of cut material :( Was looking forward to doing a big run with 12!