• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 12

Anyone know when Onyx 12 is launching? The Onyx website says coming summer 2015 -- but this dude is sick of the suspense -- I need to know.

I see that they have a new video on their youtube channel giving a sneak peak and the marks and bleed tools look great!

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
I heard Aug 1 from a supplier, obviously that's not true. I heard 64 bit program for faster ripping, and "simplified interface", whatever that means.

Bly

I heard Aug 1 from a supplier, obviously that's not true. I heard 64 bit program for faster ripping, and "simplified interface", whatever that means.

A simplified interface would be a step forward.
As everyone has stated, there are too many panels and tabs to click through to set a job up.

ONYX Mgt

ONYX 12 availability

We are completing our final regression testing after extensive external alpha and beta tests. We are now preparing our ONYX Authorized Resellers for an end of August release, feel free to contact them for more information. A short product video is on the Onyx Graphics homepage and ONYX TV YouTube site.

scott pagan

link to video

[video=youtube;jDbSohBllr4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDbSohBllr4[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

BigPrintn

I'm diggin the quicker response time when loading up rip-queue and a little faster rip times. Only had it upgraded for a day so still playing around with it. Everyone else liking it so far?

I just paid $695 for Advantage for our Production House system. Not sure why yours is so much....

Loving version 12. The grommet and trim marks are awesome. Setting bleed and having it mirror out is awesome. They added these features to their quick sets now so it makes everything very streamlined. My next thing to do will be to set up hot folders for our different products. Our operators will drop their PDF into the hot folder for what they intend to print and everything will show up in the RIP with the marks and trims set perfectly.

BigPrintn

Glad to hear you're liking it! Faster loading and ripping will definitely be a plus. Any other improvements you've found?

I was excited about it until I learned that it's $1550.00 a year to sign up for Onyx Advantage which keeps you current as they add more updates. I'll probably wait a bit to hear more feedback before signing up for this.

Is this the route you went?

Yeah we pay the yearly subscription. They added a "Finishing" tab in job editor that is awesome and you have many options/features in the tab! I also love how I have a small thumbnail preview in Rip-Queue instead of clicking on a job file and waiting for preview to show up.

And like I said before the response time is night and day, at least for my current PC it is. A happy camper here!! :smile: Plus its Friday!:peace!:

Bly

I just installed it yesterday and it seems a lot quicker.
Ripped a test file 15x3 metre wall print and it was more than twice as fast as v11.

adrock

Glad to hear you're liking it! Faster loading and ripping will definitely be a plus. Any other improvements you've found?

I was excited about it until I learned that it's $1550.00 a year to sign up for Onyx Advantage which keeps you current as they add more updates. I'll probably wait a bit to hear more feedback before signing up for this.

Is this the route you went?

I think I remember seeing you say you were from Canada before, we just signed up for Advantage for under $1000 from ND. Can't remember the exact price, but I'm thinking around $925. Also finding it to be significantly quicker than 11.