• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Onyx 12?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I just ripped a 1.75GB PDF for comparison, but it appears that Onyx 10.2 only uses one core at a time, so CPU never went over 8% on a 12 thread i7 CPU and RAM usage went up 3GB during the process.
We had v12 on trial a few weeks ago, but now expired. Rip times were massively improved (most likely multi-core). I can't say I've ever run out of RAM on a rip though.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We downloaded and installed the Onyx V12 trial version as we had another 53ft trailer to wrap. Everything went great with the ripping/printing, so we cut the check to our vendor for the real upgrade!

danno

No issues with Onyx for me. Unless i've done something.
And i don't think Caldera is "light years ahead"
Onyx colour management is second to none. The adobe engine is brilliant. File handling is great. Onyx is easy to use, it's setup as a professional based software. Caldera has to many windows, to much eye candy - looks like a toy for kids to use. If you don't know how to navigate through onyx, i feel sorry for you as it's quite easy.

Nice PC build.
Curious, when you're ripping large files, What is your bottle neck? The RAM or CPU? by checking the windows task manager while ripping.
Most of my files are 500mb - 1gb. no issues ripping. when it's larger it juices up my RAM. Xeon processor doesn't break a sweat. i'm lacking ram with 8gb.
Here's what's happening when I am doing 2 sides at once. Both sides ripped posting this note.

Attachments

• dual trailer sides 042117c.png
    dual trailer sides 042117c.png
    472.6 KB · Views: 133

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Here's what's happening when I am doing 2 sides at once. Both sides ripped posting this note.

That's very good. Mine doesn't work that hard either i checked on my last big job. it'll just use more of my memory as i have less.