Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

onyx 19 help

Discussion in 'General Software' started by signrios, Sep 17, 2020.

1. signrios

signrios Active Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Rio Grande Valley
    Help with onyx please, im having problems re-installing onyx,
    i was able to install it the first time and it was running fine trough USB,
    i was having issues with onyx communicating with my plotter, so i decided to try and run my printer trough ethernet, ansd see if it solved some issues, which i was also unsuccessful,
    to make story short now im trying to re-install my printer using the USB connection but i'm getting this messages. please see attached..

i should've kept my vp-540 running!!

running windows 7 pro. and epson s40600

thanks

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    Are you able to check what is logged in Windows Event Viewer and possibly provide an error code or the faulting process?

3. balstestrat

balstestrat Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Europe
    Gotta say, if it's V19 I don't think it's even meant to run on Win7....

4. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    Operation System

Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 10 Professional 64-bit

NOTE: 32-bit is not supported

• ONYX does not test with Windows Home or Server[​IMG] products and they are not recommended.
    • SCSI and Videonet Printers are not supported in 64-Bit environments. Please check with the Printer manufacturer before upgrading to 64-Bit environments.

5. balstestrat

balstestrat Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Europe
    I stand corrected then.

6. hazartilirot

hazartilirot Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Ukraine
    If you've got a Windows Installer, boot with USB/DVD, format your C: drive and install a fresh OS. Then, install all drivers, upgrade Windows and only then install Onyx.

I would recommend that you use Ethernet port. USB is unreliable. Tell us what issues do you have with Ethernet?

7. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Utah
    I'm running two computer with Onyx 19 on Windows 7 so I don't think it's that. Maybe try using something like REVO uninstaller on ONYX for a clean uninstall and then Reinstall.

8. hazartilirot

hazartilirot Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Ukraine
    Whenever you re-install Onyx, after uninstalling the application go to its directories like program files and delete all files that have been left.

p.s. WIN + R, type DEVMGMT.MSC, open it and see if there is everything okay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. signrios

signrios Active Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Rio Grande Valley
    got it running again.. i emailed Onyx and they figured out the problem right away, too manny USB ports been used.
    it just wont connect trough ethernet, i finally got it running trough USB, i will print some back orders i have pending and give it another try next week
    thanks

10. signrios

signrios Active Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Rio Grande Valley
    fixed the problem, seems i had too many USB ports in use, will report back next week with another try on the Ethernet connection.

thanks everyone

11. hazartilirot

hazartilirot Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Ukraine
    Yep, that's why USB ports are unreliable. Basically, you need a router with four LAN ports (+1 WAN).
    Plug you PC to LAN1,
    Go to router's management page, look at some info that says what IP address has been allocated to your PC. If your PC has something like: 192.168.1.5 then
    watch the video

Go to Printer settings and allocate to your Roland 192.168.1.6 (apply new settings, enter to the settings again and check it out if new settings have been applied.)
    that's it. Plug your Roland to LAN2. Reboot router.

Open Onyx. Go to settings and hit its IP address 192.168.1.6

p.s. I suggest using a router since you've got two printers. The same procedure should be done for your Epson.

• Agree Agree x 1