• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

onyx 19 help

signrios

Help with onyx please, im having problems re-installing onyx,
i was able to install it the first time and it was running fine trough USB,
i was having issues with onyx communicating with my plotter, so i decided to try and run my printer trough ethernet, ansd see if it solved some issues, which i was also unsuccessful,
to make story short now im trying to re-install my printer using the USB connection but i'm getting this messages. please see attached..

i should've kept my vp-540 running!!

running windows 7 pro. and epson s40600

thanks

Attachments

• onyx.jpg
    onyx.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 192

Bly

Operation System

Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 10 Professional 64-bit

NOTE: 32-bit is not supported

• ONYX does not test with Windows Home or Server
    ExpandingClosed.gif
    products and they are not recommended.
  • SCSI and Videonet Printers are not supported in 64-Bit environments. Please check with the Printer manufacturer before upgrading to 64-Bit environments.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Operation System

Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 10 Professional 64-bit

NOTE: 32-bit is not supported

• ONYX does not test with Windows Home or Server
    ExpandingClosed.gif
    products and they are not recommended.
  • SCSI and Videonet Printers are not supported in 64-Bit environments. Please check with the Printer manufacturer before upgrading to 64-Bit environments.
I stand corrected then.

hazartilirot

If you've got a Windows Installer, boot with USB/DVD, format your C: drive and install a fresh OS. Then, install all drivers, upgrade Windows and only then install Onyx.

I would recommend that you use Ethernet port. USB is unreliable. Tell us what issues do you have with Ethernet?

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Gotta say, if it's V19 I don't think it's even meant to run on Win7....

I'm running two computer with Onyx 19 on Windows 7 so I don't think it's that. Maybe try using something like REVO uninstaller on ONYX for a clean uninstall and then Reinstall.

hazartilirot

Whenever you re-install Onyx, after uninstalling the application go to its directories like program files and delete all files that have been left.

p.s. WIN + R, type DEVMGMT.MSC, open it and see if there is everything okay.

signrios

If you've got a Windows Installer, boot with USB/DVD, format your C: drive and install a fresh OS. Then, install all drivers, upgrade Windows and only then install Onyx.

I would recommend that you use Ethernet port. USB is unreliable. Tell us what issues do you have with Ethernet?
got it running again.. i emailed Onyx and they figured out the problem right away, too manny USB ports been used.
it just wont connect trough ethernet, i finally got it running trough USB, i will print some back orders i have pending and give it another try next week
thanks

signrios

fixed the problem, seems i had too many USB ports in use, will report back next week with another try on the Ethernet connection.

thanks everyone

hazartilirot

got it running again.. i emailed Onyx and they figured out the problem right away, too manny USB ports been used.
it just wont connect trough ethernet, i finally got it running trough USB, i will print some back orders i have pending and give it another try next week
thanks
Yep, that's why USB ports are unreliable. Basically, you need a router with four LAN ports (+1 WAN).
Plug you PC to LAN1,
Go to router's management page, look at some info that says what IP address has been allocated to your PC. If your PC has something like: 192.168.1.5 then
watch the video
Go to Printer settings and allocate to your Roland 192.168.1.6 (apply new settings, enter to the settings again and check it out if new settings have been applied.)
that's it. Plug your Roland to LAN2. Reboot router.

Open Onyx. Go to settings and hit its IP address 192.168.1.6

p.s. I suggest using a router since you've got two printers. The same procedure should be done for your Epson.