• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 7.0 RIP Software what is worth?

speedmedia

I have a buddy of mine that went out of business with Onyx 7.0. He wants to sell it but has no idea what it is worth and neither do I. It has everything it comes with from factory including dongle. I believe he said he has an update from the factory as well that they emailed to him.

I was thinking $1,500. Is that to high?

Thanks,
Kurt

speedmedia

Oh BTW... It is Postershop. That might be important to know. I want to say it retails for about $3,500.

Thanks,
Kurt

Bly

I have Postershop and the profiling addon was pricey.
Check if it has that. It's pretty handy.

TheSnowman

Here is what my original receipt from July 2006 says.

Onyx-Postershop XT V6.5
PosterShop includes a PostScript RIP, a Raster RIP, and support for 2 active printers with multiple Hot Folders. Includes media management, calibration, pre-flight preview, size, custom tiling, and color correction. The cost on mine was $2,500.

There are obviously many other versions, but that may give you a point of reference.

signswi

Couple hundred bucks maybe, 6.5 is pretty out of date. And that's if the license even allows resale. You'd have to transfer ownership of the license on the usb dongle, etc.