Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onyx 7 Add Image Problem

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by HaroldDesign, May 12, 2011.

1. HaroldDesign

HaroldDesign Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    When using the ProductionHouse layout I suddenly can not add an image. Clicking on "add image" or right clicking in the preview window and selecting "add image" both do nothing. I tried re-starting, etc... and nothing. Has anyone else had this happen?

Tags:
  2. HaroldDesign

Aug 16, 2007
    Re-Installed after uninstalling several times. Run-time error. Ugh...

3. HaroldDesign

Aug 16, 2007
    Run-time error during install. Sorry for the re-post.

4. HaroldDesign

Aug 16, 2007
    I'm up and running after re-installing 7.3.2. However, Layout will open an .eps or .pdf, but it won't actually show in the preview - as if there's nothing there. A .jpg shows fine, but not any files I actually need to open. I'm able to rip in pre-flight to keep things going, but I really need Layout to work correctly. Any ideas?...

5. HaroldDesign

Aug 16, 2007
    :banghead: :frustrated: :banghead: :frustrated: :banghead: :frustrated: :banghead: :frustrated: :banghead: :frustrated: :banghead: :frustrated: :banghead:

6. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    We never use Layout so I can't help there, but I just had our Onyx RIP hard lock and corrupt our printer cfg files. Deleting the printer from Onyx to reinstall deleted all the archived work & cut files, so now I'm running a deleted files recovery on the HD that's going to take ~8 hours.

Yay. :frustrated:

7. blueboyan

blueboyan New Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Remove Settings

Go to the onyx folder and remove the settings folder from in there. If you are scared to delete it, you can just change the name. This fixed the issue for me.