Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onyx 7 Profile Import Problem

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by CWP, Aug 18, 2011.

1. CWP

CWP New Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Hi All,
    I have Onyx ProductionHouse 7 connected to my Mimaki jv3 160. I need to add a new paper profile. I was able to find the .oml file for it online. According to everything I have read, I go to "view media library"/ import/ import media/ Then I select the file. It shows up, I make the selection, say ok and it tells me it is importing. However, it does not show up in my library. It is just not there... So, what am I doing wrong? Thanks, and sorry, but I am new to this software and this printer. -R

Tags:
  2. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    You did restart the program?

3. ScottyDoo

ScottyDoo Member

Jan 2, 2006
    Did you check the 'Media Type' drop-down and see if there are any additional types that were created when you imported the OML?

The Media Types are kind of like categories, and often times when you download an OML from a manufacturer or elsewhere, they may have it importing into their own 'Media Type' (category) and not necessarily the default one with the printer driver.