• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

onyx currupted files

mimakitech24

has anyone experienced this?

after i create a file, then rip a file in onyx and run them, i would say maybe 5 out of every 100 files will then read in photoshop upon opening later:

"could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document."

i use only tiff files and do use spot channels in most of my prints, but not all...

sometimes ill go a month with no issues, sometimes it will do it to a whole order...

any ideas?

Rooster

Was the file saved in onyx somehow?

If onyx isn't saving the file I'd look for a hard drive fault. It's really the only way that the issue could occur if onyx is treating the file as read only. It may explain the randomness of the fault as well.

sjm

Are your tiiff's local to PosterShop or are you bringing them across a network?

mimakitech24

well it archives the job after printing...so i guess that could be it...i don't know, i thought maybe it had something to do with hard drive space when ti archives the files, thinking maybe it was half writing them or something...

but it will allow me to open the file in preflight and postershop, i just can not access the file from photoshop, image viewer, etc etc...

OnyxDoug

A couple of possibilities...
The files in the archive should be copies, not the original.
Because of this, any changes that were made (specifically rotating raster images) will cause the archive file to be rewritten, and perhaps appear corrupt from Photoshop's point of view. (This should not have any impact on the original).
The other possibility is that Onyx creates .ONX files when using Preflight, these will certainly be interpreted by Photoshop as an unknown file type. As will the Onyx Buffer, and Archive files.
Hope this helps...