• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Onyx Custom Banner Hem

Jayefkay531

Hi All!

I'm running Onyx postershop 12. When printing banners, I know how to put bleed and grommet marks for a hem. However, my boss is adamant that there's a way to put text in the bleed (so we can put our name and number in there). I had yet to find a way to do this. I know about print marks and info, but is there a way to get that IN the bleed?

Thanks!

Jayefkay531

I appreciate the response, but that guide tells how to add bleed/marks onto a graphic. A great resource for anybody that needs a refresh or is new to printing, though!

unclebun

Page 4 of that guide: Print Label is located under Custom (Sewing/Folding). Print Labels contain information about the print job. The information printed can be customized. Click Enable and then Setup to customize what Print Labels will output.

Bly

Onyx won't place any info inside the bleed. You'll have to do that in your design app.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
...do that in your design app.

Agree.
All bleeds, crop marks,fold line, company logo, and grommet dots are placed within the design. I use my own custom templates and macros to make quick work of it. Send it to a hot folder for the print tech to handle the rest.

Jayefkay531

Agree.
All bleeds, crop marks,fold line, company logo, and grommet dots are placed within the design. I use my own custom templates and macros to make quick work of it. Send it to a hot folder for the print tech to handle the rest.
That's what I had figured...but my boss was SO SURE there was a way to do it, even though I'm the one running onyx. Thanks for keeping me sane!

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Unfortunately, you can't add any information in the bleed area. The last time Onyx was at my shop I asked about that and they said it's been a frequent feature request. Hopefully they will add it soon.