Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Onyx Custom Banner Hem

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Jayefkay531, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Jayefkay531

Jayefkay531 Member

May 10, 2017
    CT
    Hi All!

I'm running Onyx postershop 12. When printing banners, I know how to put bleed and grommet marks for a hem. However, my boss is adamant that there's a way to put text in the bleed (so we can put our name and number in there). I had yet to find a way to do this. I know about print marks and info, but is there a way to get that IN the bleed?

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

3. Jayefkay531

Jayefkay531 Member

May 10, 2017
    CT
    I appreciate the response, but that guide tells how to add bleed/marks onto a graphic. A great resource for anybody that needs a refresh or is new to printing, though!

4. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

Page 4 of that guide: Print Label is located under Custom (Sewing/Folding). Print Labels contain information about the print job. The information printed can be customized. Click Enable and then Setup to customize what Print Labels will output.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    Onyx won't place any info inside the bleed. You'll have to do that in your design app.

6. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    Agree.
    All bleeds, crop marks,fold line, company logo, and grommet dots are placed within the design. I use my own custom templates and macros to make quick work of it. Send it to a hot folder for the print tech to handle the rest.

7. Jayefkay531

Jayefkay531 Member

May 10, 2017
    CT
    That's what I had figured...but my boss was SO SURE there was a way to do it, even though I'm the one running onyx. Thanks for keeping me sane!

8. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Utah
    Unfortunately, you can't add any information in the bleed area. The last time Onyx was at my shop I asked about that and they said it's been a frequent feature request. Hopefully they will add it soon.