• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx cutting the inside AND outside of CutContour stroke..

I'm sure it's just some stupid setting I'm missing. Anything I export from Corel works just fine and has 1 cut line, but from illustrator it'll cut the inside and outside of the stroke. It doesn't seem to matter if I set the CutContour line directly on the object or create an offset and set it on that, fill or no fill... Can't figure it out (I haven't been using AI long).

Screenshot included to give you an idea.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Cut.jpg
    Cut.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 238

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Stroke Alignment in Illustrator

Hello XtremeXccessories,

Double cutting in Illustrator is a known issue and there is a fairly easy fix. The solution is to align the stroke to center as opposed to the inside or outside. Please take a look at the attached thumbnail for a screenshot of how to change the alignment. STROKE ALIGNMENT IN ILLUSTRATOR.jpg

Christian @ 2CT Media

For Onyx to cut properly you need to fill your cut layer as the CutContour Spot color do not stroke or it will cut on both sides of the stroke.

So essentially your image should be covered by the cut path color.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Totally understand... I'm a Corel guy and my designer is use to AI. It's an office battle but both work fine when you know the intricacies before printing.

Did setting the fill work for you?