• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Gamaprint tiling issues

mpn

Anybody familiar with Gamaprint Pro that comes with the Surecolor printers? I'm having an issue with tiles not lining up vertically. It's like the print is either shrinking or stretching so the image doesn't line up on the column next to it. The printer calibration is good as well as the Onyx magnification set to 1.0. Files are customer supplied tiffs. Attached is an example of what it's doing. This is my first Onyx rip program so any help is appreciated.

Hotspur

Barking up the wrong tree!

Hi

It's not the software doing this I'm afraid it's a "feature" of the Surecolor range.
Since launch they have been plagued by irregular media transport - it is worse on heavier rolls and some printers are worse than others.
Rips just pump out ones and zeros - the effect you are seeing is analogue and not a software problem.

Hotspur

Scale Adjust

In every Onyx profile there is a scale adjust feature.

In Media Manager edit your profile and on one of the pages where you are editing the mode you will see it near the bottom of one of the dialogues.

Its quite simple - choose a vertical length the same size as your tile and print it.

Then measure your print and enter the measurement back into scale adjust and save the profile.

Whenever you use this profile it will automatically shrink or stretch your file so that it prints out at the correct length.

Downsides are that the amount of shrinkage or stretching can differ depending on if you are at the beginning or end of the roll and the environmental conditions.

However this should get you in the ball park.

juf1an

i have Onyx Gama Print Pro 11, and hp latex260
this program can run correctly on win 7 ultimate,
the program shut down, the images doesnt open. Now i unistall the avira, and i am going to reinstall the onyx, and im going to try installing SP1 for win 7.
This program has a lot of problems, anyone have onyx gamaprint pro runing on win7 ultimate 64bits?

PD (again, sorry for my english )

chaney101

ultimate w gammaprint

I am running win 7 ultimate with Gammaprint 10.2 and runs flawless? No modifications at all. I am pissed that they want $500 to be able to contour cut. Onyx are crooks, they want $300 to ask them a question about THEIR software we already paid $1500 for then another 500 to cut. They are obviously based or run out of a third world country, oh yeah Utah, that explains it!!!! Jerks... I will be going back to Flexi as soon as we can.

ONYX Mgt

From which reseller did you purchase your ONYX software? I will be happy to see what can be done to get you the functionality you need.

chaney101

onyx Gammaprint

From which reseller did you purchase your ONYX software? I will be happy to see what can be done to get you the functionality you need.

I had spoken to two customer service reps explaining documentation online states contour cutting is included. They informed me I needed to pay $500 more for that feature. After a brief discussion of how misleading and wrong the way this is presented, I was going to "receive a call to help me" not once but twice. Two months later no call, email etc. I love the software and the functionality but this issue and the we do not neex you style customer service is just embarrassing to them as a company. 443.three7three.95six8

chaney101

Problem Solved!

Onyx went out of their way to personally call me when management found out what was going on. Let me tell you after it was all done I paid to upgrade my Gammaprint to have CutServer and the process was soooo easy. Im excited its full blown now but still cannot contour cut because I have a Vinyl Express Q75 and apparently does not support contour cutting. Any if you guys have any issues just give them a call directly as the people in the upper levels of the company were super courtesious and amazing to deal with, (especially Ms. Libby) I was going to spend more $ but she actually took the time to explain to me that more in my case was less. That type of honesty in corporate America doesnt exist anymore. Hope shes there when we go Thrive in a few month!!!!! Thanks everyone for your input and help.