• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx h*ll!

WestbankKurt

Good afternoon everyone. I am using ONYX 10 on a Mimaki CJV30-160. For the most part I have gotten used to ONYX and just lived with what was in place when I got here, I do not really like it all that much. What is confusing the living heck out of me is when I go to tile an image, ONYX changes the size. Example: beginnning size "64.5 x 145", ONYX changes it to "62 x 139.3903" and this is a 63 inch roll of banner material so I do understand that there will be an inch taken off due to the rollers. PLEASE someone explain to me how to use ONYX and tile properly. I have read the manual but to be perfectly honest I sometimes have a very difficult time with manuals as they seem to speak a sterile language when the people on Signs 101 speak to each other with understanding from experience and are willing to help someone have the troubles I am. Thank you for any help and advice.

rfulford

Its simple. Onyx is smart, we are stupid. If you open a file that is wider than the printable area of the media Onyx sometimes helps us feeble minded people out by "fixing" it for us. When you go to the tiling options you have to reset your scale and check your sizes. The fix I think is to set up your quick set to auto tile. At least that way you have a visual queue that your file is being adjusted.