Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onyx help

Discussion in 'General Software' started by WestbankKurt, Jun 15, 2012.

1. WestbankKurt

WestbankKurt Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I am using Onyx 10.1 and could use some help. It puts a right angel registration mark at all four corners with a bar code and I do not need it for some images and am trying to maximize my printing width. Flex seemed so much more compatible but at the moment I have to use Onyx.
    Thank you

Tags:
  2. HaroldDesign

HaroldDesign Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    I'm still on Onyx 7, but it sounds like you're printing with the intent to contour cut, and it's adding the bar code.

3. miker

miker Member

Nov 15, 2010
    yes, it's adding cutting marks for contour cutting. RIght click and modify your printer and turn the cutter option off.

4. Freese

Freese Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Just click change on your job, and whatever is listed under "contour cutter" turn off

5. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    first window in your preflight, select "none" for cutter
    if you forget to do so, and your file is ripped already.... right click your job in your print que, select info, and you can change your cutter to "none" there as well.

6. WestbankKurt

WestbankKurt Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I would like to say thank you for the responses, I will try them Monday morning.

7. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    to avoid having to do so for every project, you can preset your cutter as "none" in your preflight preferences.

8. StarSign

StarSign Active Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Southern Utah
    :goodpost:

9. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Even better, look up Quicksets in the user manual. If you set up a quickset for standard print jobs, and another one for print-cut jobs, you'll be all set!

10. WestbankKurt

WestbankKurt Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I would like to thank all for the replies to my first post, it solved the problem. I now have a different problem and I hope someone has a simple solution. When I bring an Illustrator file into Onyx it wants to change the dimensions. What am I missing when it comes to A. bringing the file in to begin with or B. is it a matter of understanding in Preflight - Preview and Size how to manage width and height and magnification? I need some clear direction, please explain to me as in the most simple of terms.
    Thank you

11. ColoPrinthead

ColoPrinthead Swollen Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Donkeytown, Colorado
    I'm not sure whats going on with the size issue, but know it can be easy to screw up if you are cropping in preflight. As a rule I tend to always lock the magnification before doing anything in preflight.