• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx issue with Windows 10 2004

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
if you had posted this issue 10 hours earlier...

i was absolutely ripping my hair out trying to figure this issue out.
had changed out my HDDs to SSDs in my PC with a clean install if win10 last 2 days and when it came to installing onyx, i was so stumped that it kept blue screening.
i eventually figured it out and had the same solution as they did in the video. glad there's a solution and a know issue and wasn't me.

Also the download link on onyx's site didn't work. as i believe i did come across it and was pissed that i couldn't download it. but i ended up finding it somewhere on the internet.

MI Bearcat

Thanks for the post! My windows has not updated to 2004 yet but this post probably saved me some headaches once it does update.

unclebun

You don't have to wait for the Windows Update. All it takes is a driver update for the Onyx dongle. You can do the driver update right now no matter what version of Windows 10 you have. Even the whole rigamarole that Onyx has on their website isn't really necessary. Just download the new driver, extract it, run the file and when it's finished, reboot. They have instructions on how to check the driver version afterwards, which I did and it did update. But I've never experienced running a driver install that completed successfully that didn't install the driver.

Bly

Thanks for the heads up.
I installed it before the Win10 update arrived so hopefully all good.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
You don't have to wait for the Windows Update. All it takes is a driver update for the Onyx dongle. You can do the driver update right now no matter what version of Windows 10 you have. Even the whole rigamarole that Onyx has on their website isn't really necessary. Just download the new driver, extract it, run the file and when it's finished, reboot. They have instructions on how to check the driver version afterwards, which I did and it did update. But I've never experienced running a driver install that completed successfully that didn't install the driver.

remember, it all happens during the reboot. windows makes a wininit batch that runs during the reboot. windows 10 is too damn smart for it's own good. you really wouldn't know if it installed, failed ot triggered a revert to an earlier time unless you did the check