Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onyx just staring at me

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by TheSnowman, Jun 20, 2011.

1. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    I am trying to trouble shoot what is going on with my Onyx. I had to format my hard drive about a month ago, so I'm now running the "Production House 7". It seemed to be stable for the most part until right now. I loaded a file into it, and it didn't open in PreFlight, it didn't render it, and I can't delete it or do anything with the file.

When I try to close out and restart, it then tells me that there is already a version of it running, so I open up the Task Manager, and look through there, and I see that it's still running, and taking up 50% of my processing. Does this make sense to anyone? I'm waiting for Onyx to call me back, but that generally is tomorrow sometime from my previous call to them.

Just wondered if there is a folder where these "rendering" files are stored, where I could go in and delete it and see if it unlocks itself or something like that. I just can't do anything.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. TheSnowman

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    Ok, now I don't even have it open (except I assume it's running in the background) and I got this from Norton.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• File.jpg
      File.jpg
      File size:
      57.9 KB
      Views:
  3. nutrends

nutrends New Member

Apr 25, 2011
    Attached is where it is located on my comp

Attached Files:

• a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      38.1 KB
      Views:
    • b.jpg
      b.jpg
      File size:
      51.5 KB
      Views:
  4. TheSnowman

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    Yep, I found that folder...and deleted it, all was well then. I actually heard back from Onyx (which is totally awesome). They said that with this version (7.3.2.16) that you can't print to the maximum width on it. They didn't figure that out until they already started on version 10, so there isn't a fix for it, unless I just upgrade to 10. So basically, I just reduced the file I had by an inch, and all was well. That explains why I was able to print everything else this morning.

Hopefully this can help someone else in this same boat, but I'm glad they called me back so quickly and I was only down for an hour or so.

5. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Kill the postershop instances, delete the job files from the Work folder, restart onyx. Rerip files, print.

And you shouldn't have virus protection like Norton running on your RIP computer, at most run MS Security Essentials. Active anti-virus really slows down RIPs.