• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Not Ripping

Mattie_BR

After printing a job, I sent a second one to onyx...same media and same profile then it is not ripping any more. The following message comes up:

=====================================
PDF / Postscript Level 3 RIP execution
Copyright (C) 1998-2012 - Onyx Graphics
Jaws 3 - Interpreter and Rendering
Copyright (C) 2012 - Global Graphics
All rights reserved.
=====================================
<<
/BlendingProfileSetup (Grey=Grey;RGB=RGB;CMYK=CMYK)
/Install {}
/NumCopies -null-
/ImagingBBox -null-
/ProfileSetup (
XYZ=XYZ;InputGrey=InputGrey;InputRGB=InputRGB;InputCMYK=InputCMYK;InputGreyImage=InputGrey;InputRGBImage=InputRGB;InputCMYKImage=InputCMYK
)
/BeginPage {pop }
/PageDeviceName /Default
/OutputDevice (
onxfiledn;width=8.5i;height=11i;filename=i:/jaws3.0/out/%03d.%s)
/Policies <<
/PolicyNotFound 1
>>
/EndPage {exch pop 2 ne }
/PageSize [612 792 ]
>>
%%[ Error: rangecheck; OffendingCommand: @spotfunction ]%%
%%[ Key: ONYXCMM; Value: create_icc_to_icc_conversio ]%%

After that Job Editor opens but is not able to open the file.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Is the issue isolated to this file specifically (other files process normally)?
What color model is the file (I would guess it is possibly a grayscale file)? If so, try converting it to RGB and see if it will RIP and output.

Hotspur

It looks like your postscript file has exceeded the maximum file length.
It's probably at an uneccessaryily high res originally.
Try enabling two-stage processing in your quickset and rip a new copy of the file.
To set this option, edit your quickset, go to the Advanced properties, Postscript tab, and enable two-stage processing.
Also change the Pixel Duplication value to 2 or 3.
See if that helps - ripping this one may take a little longer.

Mattie_BR

Is the issue isolated to this file specifically (other files process normally)?
What color model is the file (I would guess it is possibly a grayscale file)? If so, try converting it to RGB and see if it will RIP and output.

I tried several files and had the same problem.

I changed the file to RGB mode, it didn't RIP but the behavior was different. The previous message didn't show up in Jaws and after Job Editor opened the following message came up:

"The image failed to rasterize"

Mattie_BR

It looks like your postscript file has exceeded the maximum file length.
It's probably at an uneccessaryily high res originally.
Try enabling two-stage processing in your quickset and rip a new copy of the file.
To set this option, edit your quickset, go to the Advanced properties, Postscript tab, and enable two-stage processing.
Also change the Pixel Duplication value to 2 or 3.
See if that helps - ripping this one may take a little longer.

I did the changes, but same behavior occurred. File is not that big as well!

Thanks for the tips....anything else you might think of?

THanks

Bly

Well if your profiles are set up the same in PS as your design app then mostly.
Any spot vector colours won't be in the tif though.

Signprospa

I have two printers running from Onyx. The one it rips just fine, but the other, takes forever, and then just cancels out. This issue just started, it was working fine, so I can't figure out what happened. The files are .tiffs saved at 100 dpi. I place five files together in the layout tool, hit process, but when it starts to rip it goes so slow, and then cancels out. But only cancels out after ripping for 30 minutes. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Raven Graphics

I know this is a really old thread now, but I was having the same issue and fixed it using a different method, hopefully it's helpful to anyone in a similar bind in the future!

I'd recently been learning a lot and experimenting with Color Management, GCR, skeleton black, etc., and had made a profile with custom GCR presets (Quick sets > Default > Color Management: Change Profiles > Output). I'd set a custom GCR curve for most file types (CMYK Image, CMYK Vector, RGB Image, RGB Vector), which all held the same value.

When it came to ripping, I would get the same error as above, wouldn't let me rip the file or preview. After a bit of ripping out my hair, I found that you could customize Color Management in the Job Editor. So I made minor tweaks here and there until I figured out the root of the problem.. If CMYK and RGB have the same color management settings (at least at the GCR parameters I had the set; Max Black in case you're wondering), it would cause a conflict it couldn't resolve.

The best that I can figure, since RGB is additive and CMYK is subtractive, using Max Black GCR curves on RGB doesn't really make sense, since the combo of all the colors results in white, not black (as with CMYK).

Probably not useful anymore to OP, but keep on learning to the rest of ya!