• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Onyx Postershop 18 - Epson S80600 Losing Connection midprint

SignsByRonnie

Hello all, I thought I remembered seeing a post a while back with someone having a similar issue. I can print multiple jobs no problem, but it seems like about every +/- 20 prints, it will print a few inches and then stop printing and onyx shows "Could not open TCP/IP connection to 192.168.1.44''. Sometimes I can click refresh a few times and it connects back up, other times I have to restart onyx and/or the printer. Luckily it has only done it within the first 12'' of a print and not in the middle to end of it. Please let me know if you have encountered this problem or if you have a solution. Thanks in adva
IMG_2604.jpg
nce!

Tatonka

I've had the same issue for over a year and haven't been able to fix it. 99% of the time it's always been in the first couple inches like you say, but I've had it once or twice where it's halfway through a print and quits.

Mike Brice

We bought a S80600 about 2 months ago and no problem with prints cancelling using Onyx. However, our HP 360 is to the point where I won't even print anything over 8' or more complex artwork. We've tried everything, so if anyone has any ideas on that I'd like to hear them as well.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Same issue occasionally here on a 60600. Thought we had the issue fixed when we ran new wires and replaced the switch, but it started again a week later. We get it about once a week, but never have to restart anything. The print just drops out of the que and the printer rolls on fine with the next one. Never ever happens on other printers, so I'm guessing its a firmware issue on the printer itself.

SS7318

I have had this same issue on our 80600. Tried different connections, different network card, all kinds of stuff. After losing 2 banners at about 90% complete I finally took the time to make some calls. After several hours and several techs from both Epson and Onyx remotely logging in to my computer, the issue SEEMS to have been resolved. The Onyx guy downloaded some updated drivers for the printer and had my key updated to Onyx 19. We have Webroot running on that PC so Onyx also had me add an exception for Onyx in Webroot. If this doesn't help or updating isn't an option, the Epson tech told me that basically it appeared that Onyx was running out "memory" and that some of the Onyx temp files would need to be deleted....that's when he told me i'd be better off contacting Onyx directly. Here are the tech's notes from my Onyx service call:

"Below is information regarding your recent contact with ONYX Support.
Details:
Customer is running 18.0, and recently when they print a job, it will stop printing before the job is complete.
I remoted in and noticed they had Webroot installed which can cause network problems in our software, I also set their power save setting to high performance and updated their printer driver.
I'm also going to update their key so they can install 19.0.2 and asked that they get their IT department to create an exception for Onyx in Webroot."

Hope this helps some.

ProPDF

We use Flexi 12 and there have been ZERO surecolor issues. We even run them off a mac using Flexi 12 and it's rock solid stable.

Kali539

We use Flexi 12 and there have been ZERO surecolor issues. We even run them off a mac using Flexi 12 and it's rock solid stable.

Our HP365 does this occasionally with Flexi. We've still not found an exact cause... it doesn't seem to do it with any noticeable conditions. The worst was about 17' into a 20' banner.