• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help ONYX Postershop 18 stopped working

SmartyMarty

Last week I had a new HP 570 latex printer installed, along with Onyx 18. Have been happily printing all week, mainly EPS files but also PDF's and TIFF's. Last Night my pc did an update and restart. This morning my rip will not rip anything other then TIFF's. I get the message

"The image failed to rasterize. Please check your selections.".

How can it stop working over night?

Please help, I can't convert every file to a TIFF, especially a print & cut file.

Many thanks.

FrankW

Could it be that some automatic update of your Windows have leaded to that failure? I would try if there is any reset point where you can go to.

ikarasu

Redwonload onyx and reinstall using repair .it won't delete any settings and it may fix it.

Windows update sometimes messes things up... We had onyx 10, and every single month one of the updates caused us to reinstall. Hasn't been an issue since we moved to onyx 12... Hopefully it's not with 18 also .

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Yes try a repair by installing it again.
Or even try restarting the pc first.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I'd reinstall it. We've gotten pretty used to reinstalling Onyx here, it seems to crap out every so often.

particleman

I hope you figure it out. I got a new 560 2 weeks ago and also got the newest Onyx 18. My rip PC was an older one with windows 7 (an old install of windows). I was getting this message but only with EPS files. We reinstalled everything multiple times. After over an hour with tech support I suggested just reinstalling windows to save some time trying to find where the issue resided. They agreed, so I took the opportunity to move up to windows 10. After the fresh install everything works as it should. That is a last resort solution, but they weren't able to figure out what we causing the issue.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

ikarasu

My onyx is also bugged. For the past 2 months I can't send anything to our flatbed as "print jobs individually". It just crashes onyx the moment I hit it.

Tried reinstalling... Even tried a fresh install... Nothing. My only option to fix it is a windows reinstall, which I never have enough downtime to do. So now I send everything to the flatbed as group jobs.together, but everything except one item is on hold. It's annoying... But the price you pay keeping the system online.

SmartyMarty

Thanks guys, I finally figured out it was McAfee blocking something!!! After turning it off and repairing Onyx everything worked. I turned McAfee back on it stopped working and I had a Trojan flash up as a threat. It wasn't a Trojan at all, it was an Onyx file but I didn't look in to it any further since it was working fine. I did hear other stories about anti virus software not liking Onyx.